My Consumerism Fast
Purpose: to detach myself from an attitude of consumption and instant gratification and to live healthier.
Duration: 8.22.11 to 8.22.12
- Live life with generosity and gratitude
- Blog and talk about it! (without defining myself by it)
- Tithe 10% of my income
- Donate 10% of my income.
- Save 50% of my income – possible trip to India 🙂
- Evaluate the things I think I need, making sure I actually need them
- Eat out
- Buy clothes
- Purchase food that is unhealthy
- Purchase entertainment: movies, music, books, decor, jewelry, nail polish, makeup
- If my size changes drastically, I can purchase new clothing but only what is necessary, for a reasonable price.
- Actual needs may be purchased such as art supplies for school.
- Incense and candles are allowed.
- Gifts/treats are allowed for other people (but not if my motive is to please myself).
- I may accept gifts from others.