Note: Avoid These
I am officially over halfway done with my undergraduate degree and it has been a wonderful experience so far. Having said that, I will admit, there are definitely things I wish I had avoided. So, if you are looking for some advice on what NOT to do in college, here is my two cents.
My top ten list of things to avoid in college:
10. Forgetting about a test. It is an awful feeling to be reminded by a friend in chemistry that you have a lab practical in two hours that you didn’t prepare for.
9. Having my parents learn on Facebook that I’m driving 100 miles away for the weekend. Sorry about that, mom.
8. Not scheduling lunch breaks. Having class nonstop for 10 hours with a randomly placed 1 hour break is not the way to go. It is unhealthy and miserable.
7. Having to call my parents and start the conversation with “I’m okay, but…” Car accident or medical mishap, these phone calls are never fun.
6. Riding in an ambulance. It is expensive.
5. Doing homework at 4:30 AM. Whether I stayed up that late to or got up that early, it is wrong. That time is sacred to my pillow and my bed.
4. Letting people take advantage of me. I always want to make other people happy even when it is at my expense.
3. Losing friends.
2. Worrying over grades. In the end, that letter doesn’t define me. Plus, worrying doesn’t change my grade.
1. Wasting time procrastinating. I have spent a great deal of my time doing mediocre things to avoid doing the necessities.